Bus information to get around I-96 shutdown
Published On: Apr 04 2014 03:28:36 PM EDT
Detroit Department of Transportation--Busing
- Route 38 Plymouth picks up in the Meijer/Home Depot shopping center parking lot on Middlebelt Road at I-96, and provides all-day service into the city of Detroit via Plymouth Road. Customers may transfer to routes 21 Grand River or 53 Woodward to travel into downtown Detroit.
- For route and schedule information, please visit www.ridedetroittransit.com or call 313-933-1300
- DDOT operates 35 routes, 22 hours a day, 7 days a week
- DDOT serves 103,000 riders per weekday in the City of Detroit and adjacent communities
- Seniors and customers with disabilities can access door-to-door Metrolift services by calling 313-833-1429. Metrolift services operate within 3/4 mile of all DDOT routes, including the Plymouth Road corridor in Redford and eastern Livonia.
SMART - Busing
- Only regional bus system in southeast Michigan
- 43 bus routes that operate up to 7 days a week and 22 hours a day
- Door-to-door service for seniors and people with disabilities who can't access SMART's regular Fixed Route service.
- Need help finding a route? Visit smartbus.org or call customer service at 866-962-5515.
- If there is no route near your home, we have several park and ride lots available.
MichiVan - Vanpooling
- Commuters vanpool together and share a customized van with colleagues, neighbors and others who have a similar route to work.
- Vanpools are great for commuter groups of more than 5 people who travel more than 15 miles each way.
- MichiVan not only helps with the creation of the group but can also provide a custom built van!
- For more information and to find a vanpool visit www.vride.com
SEMGOG's MiRideshare - Carpooling
- A free carpool matching service
- Commuters can save $3,000 a year just by sharing a ride to work
- For more information click www.mirideshare.org.