New menu, goodies served up at Comerica Park for World Series
How does a Triple Crown burger sound? Maybe a nice cup of hot cocoa to enjoy during the World Series games being played in Detroit at Comerica Park.
Delaware North Companies Sportservice is serving up new food and retail items, as well as popular, local regular-season fare, for the World Series games in Detroit.
New menu items for the 2012 World Series include:
- In honor of Detroit third baseman, Miguel Cabrera, The Triple Crown Burger will be served in the 313 Burgers concession stand. The Triple Crown Burger consists of three fresh, hand-made quarter-pound patties, stacked on top of each other with melted cheese. It is served with fries.
- Gourmet hot chocolate with one free refill is available at the hot chocolate bar in the suites and clubs. Sportservice chefs hand-melt bricks of white chocolate and milk chocolate for a variety of flavors. It is served in a souvenir Detroit Tigers cup.
- Hot chocolate is served with fresh one-percent Prairie Farms chocolate milk in the concourse.
- The daiquiri-stand in section 140 has been converted into five auto-fill hot chocolate machines to keep up with demand.
- An expanded menu is featured at The Tiger club buffet.
- A chef-created custom menu can be purchased with retail items in the suites. Menu items include pan-seared crab cakes, lamb chops, prime rib, and pumpkin cheesecake.
- A wide variety of products featuring the World Series logo, dueling team logos, and Detroit Tigers logo are available. The hooded sweatshirt worn by the Tigers team is also a popular, exclusive item.
- At the Brushfire grill, guests can enjoy the triple-smoked sandwich. It’s a barbeque sandwich topped high with smoke brisket, pulled pork and smoked turkey. Served on a pretzel role with a side of homemade BBQ kettle chips.
- Also at the Brushfire Grill - Grilled Bavarian pretzel sticks. Three Bavarian pretzel sticks, grilled on a charcoal grill and topped with your choice of parmesan cheese or salt, served with a side of our secret Wisconsin beer cheese.
- In the Michigan craft beer section, guests will find grilled cheese dippers. An assortment of gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches, made with Michigan cheeses, then cut into strips and served with a side of homemade tomato soup.
Fan favorites for the 2012 season are also available at The “D” Shop at Comerica Park. Popular items include Made in Michigan branded items, dresses and cardigans featuring the Tigers logo, Tigers-branded toasters, and Justin Verlander, Prince Fielder and Miguel Cabrera toy figurines