Careless smoking caused deadly Livonia house fire

By Halston Herrera, Senior News Editor for ClickOnDetroit.com, @ClickOnHalston, hherrera@wdiv.com
Dave Bartkowiak Jr. , Online News Editor, @DaveBartko, dbartkowiak@wdiv.com
Published On: May 16 2013 08:39:35 AM EDT
Updated On: May 16 2013 04:55:18 PM EDT
LIVONIA, Mich. -

A woman died early Thursday morning in a house fire in Livonia, and fire investigators say careless smoking was to blame.

Livonia Fire Marshal Dan Lee says 60-year-old Debra Holmes was found on her bedroom floor after firefighters extinguished the flames at a home in the 17000 block of Oporto Street – which is off Six Mile Road west of Middlebelt Road.

There were smoke detectors inside the home but none were working, fire investigators say.

Comments

The views expressed below are not those of Click On Detroit, WDIV, or its affiliated companies. By clicking on "Post," you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and your comment is in compliance with such terms. Readers, please help keep this discussion respectful and on topic by flagging comments that are offensive or inappropriate (hover over the commenter's name and you'll see the flag option appear on right side of that line). And remember, respect goes both ways: Tolerance of others' opinions is important in a free discourse. If you're easily offended by strong opinions, you might skip reading comments entirely.

blog comments powered by Disqus