Man charged with break-in attempt at Kid Rock's home sentenced to prison

Published On: Dec 24 2013 08:26:25 AM EST
Updated On: Sep 25 2013 06:39:59 PM EDT

He apologized in court but the judge brought the prison sentence, calling him a danger to society.

CLARKSTON, Mich. -

A man who pleaded no contest to trying to break into musician Kid Rock's suburban Detroit home was sentenced to prison time Wednesday on home invasion and property destruction charges.

Brian Keith was arrested Aug. 3 after surveillance photos from security cameras on Kid Rock's Clarkston property were released.

The photos showed a man ramming the gate July 31 and trying to break into the house.

Kid Rock was away at the time. The musician was offering a reward to anyone with information leading to an arrest.

For the attempted break-in, Keith was charged with attempted home invasion, malicious destruction of a building more than $1,000 and malicious destruction of personal property more than $1,000. He was sentenced to 46 months to 20 years in prison for each one. Keith said he has struggled with prescription drug and alcohol abuse and had been sober but relapsed before the incident at Kid Rock's home.

"I apologize. I made poor choices," he told the court.

Keith has a lengthy criminal history -- three felonies and more than 25 misdemeanors.

Comments

The views expressed below are not those of Click On Detroit, WDIV, or its affiliated companies. By clicking on "Post," you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and your comment is in compliance with such terms. Readers, please help keep this discussion respectful and on topic by flagging comments that are offensive or inappropriate (hover over the commenter's name and you'll see the flag option appear on right side of that line). And remember, respect goes both ways: Tolerance of others' opinions is important in a free discourse. If you're easily offended by strong opinions, you might skip reading comments entirely.

blog comments powered by Disqus