If you're looking for the perfect side dish to serve up this holiday season, try making the oat-topped sweet potato crisp recipe from Kraft.
To make this side dish, you will need:
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (40 oz.) sweet potatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped cranberries
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1/3 cup cold butter or margarine, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped Planters pecans
To begin, heat your oven to 350°F.
Beat the cream cheese, potatoes, 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon with mixer until blended. Spoon into 1-1/2-qt. casserole sprayed with cooking spray; top with fruit.
Mix the flour, oats and remaining sugar in medium bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in nuts. Sprinkle over fruit.
Bake for 35 to 40 min., or until heated through.
To print out the recipe and to learn more, click here.