University of Michigan sorority house evacuated because of fire

By Charles Jackson, Assignment Desk Editor, @Local4Chuck
Published On: Mar 18 2014 05:12:52 AM EDT
Updated On: Mar 18 2014 06:12:09 PM EDT

The Alpha Gamma Delta house was evacuated quickly and smoothly Tuesday morning.

ANN ARBOR, Mich. -

Sixty-three University of Michigan students at the Alpha Gamma Delta Sorority House have been displaced after a fire early Tuesday morning.

According to the Ann Arbor Fire Department, the call came in at 2:30 a.m. of a fire in a room on the third floor.

The fire was contained to the one room, although the rest of the third floor and the second floor have significant smoke damage.

Everyone was able to escape the home without injuries.

Assistant Fire Chief Ellen Taylor said the fire has been ruled accidental, but didn't release details as to what sparked it.

The American Red Cross has been contacted to assist the students with temporary housing.

Comments

The views expressed below are not those of Click On Detroit, WDIV, or its affiliated companies. By clicking on "Post," you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and your comment is in compliance with such terms. Readers, please help keep this discussion respectful and on topic by flagging comments that are offensive or inappropriate (hover over the commenter's name and you'll see the flag option appear on right side of that line). And remember, respect goes both ways: Tolerance of others' opinions is important in a free discourse. If you're easily offended by strong opinions, you might skip reading comments entirely.

blog comments powered by Disqus