Detroit Yacht Club to host Gold Cup gala
The Detroit Yacht Club, one of the oldest private boating and social clubs in North America is hosting "The 2014 Gold Cup Gala" on May 2, in the organization's historic clubhouse on Belle Isle in Detroit to benefit the APBA Detroit Gold Cup Hydroplane Races.
This event promoting the time-honored tradition of hydroplane boat racing on the Detroit River features:
- Music & Dancing;
- Live & Silent Auctions, exciting raffles;
- Outstanding Gala packages, including the Driver's Seat
Package-$1,300 (value $1,600) includes reserved table for 8 at the Gala, full page recognition in the event program and 8 DYC Sunday Race Day (July 13) wristbands; there are also Gold Cup and Silver Cup packages available;
- Located at the Historic Detroit Yacht Club and the harbor will be open! Gala reservations include dockage and Clubhouse guest privileges for the Gala weekend;
- Friday, May 2, 2014, Doors open at 6pm;
- Guests Welcome, RSVP to 313-824-1200;
- Reservations are $100 per person.
This fabulous evening features entertainment, strolling supper, live and silent auctions and the chance to win exciting raffles.
Reservations are available for only $100 each and can be made by calling 313-824-1200 or visiting www.dyc.com. Proceeds from the event support the APBA Detroit Gold Cup Hydroplane Races.
This rocking event is held on the second floor of the Clubhouse where guests will enjoy the splendor of the Club and its welcoming members - all for a good cause. And, gala reservations include boat dockage and clubhouse privileges for the weekend, including dining in the DYC's riverfront restaurant and bar, panoramic views of the Detroit skyline from clubhouse verandas, and indoor pool and recreation facilities.