Woman robbed, dragged by thief at Southfield gas station
Southfield police are looking for the man who snatched a woman’s wallet and iPhone right out of her hand at a gas station.
Police said the 21-year-old woman was with a friend at a BP station on West Eight Mile Road on Jan. 22 when a man approached her.
She told the man, who was with three other people, to leave her alone, but the man approached her a second time when she went to pump gas, police said.
The man grabbed the woman’s wallet and iPhone and ended up dragging her across the parking lot as she tried to hold onto her belongings.
She finally let go and the man got away.
Police said the woman suffered only minor scratches.
A picture of the man that was captured on a surveillance camera at the gas station has been released.
Anyone with information on the man in the picture is asked to call Southfield police at 248-796-5500.
- Detroit City Council won't vote yet on Belle Isle lease
- Man wanted for kidnapping, torture in Detroit
- New alternative to traditional mammogram
- Man dies following trench accident
- Council to vote on Belle Isle deal
- Picture could help close Farmington's only unsolved murder
- Red Wings fan dies after fall
- Pet owners find food laced with needles in Canton park