Wayne County prosecutor receives warrant request in stolen Detroit casket case

Published On: Jan 16 2013 01:13:54 PM EST
DETROIT -

The Wayne County Prosecutor's Office said Wednesday it had received a warrant request in the case involving a son who allegedly stole his father's casket in an effort to help resurrect him.

The casket containing the body of 93-year-old Clarence Bright was discovered missing Monday from Gethsemane Cemetery.

Police took Bright's son and another man into custody Tuesday morning after discovering the casket in a van at a gas station at Harper Avenue and Dickerson Street.

Bright's body was later found in a freezer in the son's home on Eastlawn Street.

Sources said Bright's son had told family and friends he thought God would bring his father back to life.

The prosecutor's office said it would release more information after the warrant had been reviewed.

Comments

The views expressed below are not those of Click On Detroit, WDIV, or its affiliated companies. By clicking on "Post," you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and your comment is in compliance with such terms. Readers, please help keep this discussion respectful and on topic by flagging comments that are offensive or inappropriate (hover over the commenter's name and you'll see the flag option appear on right side of that line). And remember, respect goes both ways: Tolerance of others' opinions is important in a free discourse. If you're easily offended by strong opinions, you might skip reading comments entirely.

blog comments powered by Disqus