The Wayne County prosecutor's office is continuing to review a warrant request connected to the disappearance of a 2-year-old Detroit girl.
Prosecutors said Thursday that a decision on charges is not anticipated until at least next month.
Detroit police submitted the request earlier this month. Officials have not disclosed who was named in the warrant.
D'Andre Lane has said his daughter, Bianca Jones, was riding in a rear car seat of a vehicle he was driving when it was taken Dec. 2 at gunpoint.
The car was found a short time later, but Bianca was not in it. Police have said they are looking into the truth behind Lane's story.
Police and hundreds of volunteers have searched vacant lots, alleys and abandoned houses in search of the girl.