Two people survive house fire in Taylor

Published On: Jan 05 2013 05:13:02 PM EST
Updated On: Jan 05 2013 06:44:53 PM EST
TAYLOR, Mich. -

Two people are happy to be alive after a fire nearly took their lives in Taylor.

The fire happened Saturday morning in the 6000 block of Marvin.

Witnesses tell Local 4 a man and his female caregiver were in the house at the time of the fire, but they were both able to get out.

According to a neighbor, the female caregiver jumped out of the second floor window. The neighbor drove the caregiver to the hospital. The man ran out of the front door and was also taken to the hospital. A dog died in the fire.

The woman is in critical condition, the man is in stable condition.

The man’s wife was not home at the time of the fire, but came home after her husband called and said a fire was in the home. The husband is 49 and has multiple sclerosis; he has had a caregiver for two years.

According to the wife, the fire started in the dryer, but fire crews are waiting to get a cause confirmed with investigators.

Comments

The views expressed below are not those of Click On Detroit, WDIV, or its affiliated companies. By clicking on "Post," you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and your comment is in compliance with such terms. Readers, please help keep this discussion respectful and on topic by flagging comments that are offensive or inappropriate (hover over the commenter's name and you'll see the flag option appear on right side of that line). And remember, respect goes both ways: Tolerance of others' opinions is important in a free discourse. If you're easily offended by strong opinions, you might skip reading comments entirely.

blog comments powered by Disqus