Troy police: Unidentified men in black SUV approach boy, offer him candy
Updated On: Apr 18 2013 06:08:26 PM EDT
A 9-year-old boy has reported being approached by a group of men and offered a candy bar to get into their SUV, Troy police said.
Police said the boy was riding his bike Tuesday evening in the 5000 block of Buckingham Drive when a black SUV with four men inside pulled up next to him.
One of the men inside said, “If you want this candy bar, you have to come in the car.”
The boy rode away unharmed.
One mother in the neighborhood said she and her neighbors are concerned.
"It's pretty scary. We're pretty much on high alert right now," that mother said.
Troy police officer Janice Pokley said parents need to keep track of their children as those children spend more time outdoors.
"With kids playing outside on the warmer days, you can't be lax about it,. You should keep one step ahead and make sure they are safe as they play," officer Pokley said.
Police haven’t released a detailed description of the four men.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Students make 'finish line' for principal who was in Boston
- Troy City Council accused of censorship in lawsuit
- Art Blackwell gets probation for misusing funds
- Teacher uses technology for lesson on Boston bombings
- West Bloomfield Jewish Community Center evacuated
- Track crime in Troy with smartphone app
- Troy principal was at Boston Marathon during deadly blasts
- Looking for a job? Click here!
- Police have more persons of interest in lounge shooting