Teen charged for sexually assaulting a fellow hospital patient
Updated On: Feb 20 2013 06:11:41 AM EST
A 17-year-old has been charged with criminal sexual conduct after allegedly assaulting a 15-year-old girl while they both were patients at a hospital in Ferndale.
According to the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office, the incident happened Saturday at Kingswood Hospital.
The suspect, James Lee Hampton, a resident of Detroit, was charged with one count of third degree criminal sexual conduct.
He was arraigned Tuesday.
The Judge ordered Hampton be held without bond at the Oakland County Jail.
Hampton is expected to appear in court again on Feb. 26 for a pre-exam conference.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Woman dies after being pulled from fire in Royal Oak
- Sex offender arrested in Pontiac
- Rod Meloni: Hunting for a hero
- Man gets life in prison for Royal Oak woman's murder
- 'The Donald' to speak in Oakland County
- Novi issues partial boil water notice
- 2 arrested for robbing couple at Madison Heights hotel
- Oakland University plans to transform campus
- Need a job? Oakland County is hiring!