Taylor house packed with junk catches fire

Published On: Feb 13 2013 06:45:51 AM EST
Updated On: Feb 13 2013 07:51:56 AM EST

TAYLOR, Mich. -

Fire officials in Taylor said a house that caught fire early Wednesday morning was packed floor to ceiling with junk.

Hoarders had apparently once lived at the home in the 23300 block of Goddard Street, but the house has sat vacant since the 80s.

A bulldozer may have to be brought in to knock down a wall to help the clean up.

Goddard Road between Oak and Pine streets is closed.

Gallery

IMAGES: Firefighters battle house fire in Taylor

Comments

The views expressed below are not those of Click On Detroit, WDIV, or its affiliated companies. By clicking on "Post," you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and your comment is in compliance with such terms. Readers, please help keep this discussion respectful and on topic by flagging comments that are offensive or inappropriate (hover over the commenter's name and you'll see the flag option appear on right side of that line). And remember, respect goes both ways: Tolerance of others' opinions is important in a free discourse. If you're easily offended by strong opinions, you might skip reading comments entirely.

blog comments powered by Disqus