Sandy Hook students, teachers head back to school
Classes are starting Thursday at a repurposed school for students who survived a shooting rampage three weeks ago in Newtown, Conn.
READ: Newtown survivors, choose hope
Desks have been taken to the new building in nearby Monroe along with backpacks and other belongings left behind in the chaos following the Dec. 14 shooting.
Families have been coming in to see the new school, and an open house is scheduled for Wednesday.
David Connors is the father of 8-year-old triplets who escaped unharmed. He says his children have suffered nightmares and jumped at noises.
Experts say it's important for children to get back to a routine and for teachers and parents to offer sensitive reassurances.
Father claims Connecticut shooter's body
The father of Sandy Hook Elementary School shooter Adam Lanza claimed his body last week, a family spokesman said.
Peter Lanza claimed the body Thursday, spokesman Errol Cockfield said. He declined to specify where the body would be buried.
On December 14, Adam Lanza, 20, took guns belonging to his mother, Nancy, and shot her as she slept in her bed. Then he went to the school in Newtown, Connecticut, where he gunned down 20 children and six staff members before killing himself.
It was one of the worst mass shootings in U.S. history.
Peter Lanza was questioned by authorities after the shooting, as was the gunman's 24-year-old brother, Ryan.
Authorities have offered few details about Adam Lanza. He had no known criminal record, authorities have said.