Rochester police say tip from Chicken Shack led them to 3 armed robbery suspects
Updated On: Mar 19 2013 05:43:19 PM EDT
Rochester police said a tip from the owner of a Chicken Shack restaurant has led them to three suspects that had been sought for the armed robbery of an antiques store last fall.
In a statement, Rochester Police Chief Steve Schettenhelm said investigators had been working to track down the masked robbers who targeted Antiques by Pamela on Main Street in November and got away with jewelry.
The owner of the Chicken Shack gave police descriptions of three people who had been in the restaurant just prior to the robbery. That information led investigators to identify one of them by name and eventually track down the other two.
Johnny Matthew Hall, 32, of Troy, was arrested in Ohio with the help of the U.S. marshals. He is charged with armed robbery.
Kevin Andrew Papuga, 22, of White Lake Township, turned himself in and is also charged with armed robbery.
A third person was arrested in connection with the robbery but Schettenhelm said they are being charged in an unrelated narcotics case out of Macomb County.
Detectives were able to trace the stolen jewelry to a location in Novi. Seventeen items of stolen jewelry were recovered. The remaining jewelry had either been sold or melted down.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Men charged with stealing more than 100 iPhones in Troy
- New brewery, revamped eateries coming to Royal Oak
- Jury has many options in grandmother's murder trial
- Suspect in high-speed police chase has been charged
- Oakland County police increase patrols on St. Patrick's Day
- Troy man charged with sexually abusing teen girl
- Would-be robbers caught on tape in Madison Heights store
- Some projects resume after deadly Royal Oak blast
- Royal Oak human rights ordinance on hold