Police arrested a man suspected of robbing a TCF Bank in Ypsilanti.
The robbery happened Saturday at a branch on W. Packard Road.
Police say the suspect walked into the bank and announced a hold-up before fleeing on foot with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Sunday, a Ypsilanti officer recognized the suspect from the bank surveillance photographs.
The 50-year-old Ypsilanti man was arrested and police were able to recover some of the stolen money.
The suspect is currently being held at the Washtenaw County Jail and will be arraigned Monday.
His name wasn't released pending the arraignment
- Romulus officer ran over, shoots suspect
- Planes collide at Metro airport
- Red Wings' Quincey out with broken cheekbone
- Michigan lawmaker introduces school attendance bill
- Driver leads Downriver police on chase
- Wayne County prosecutor says cuts endanger public safety
- Vet school professor enters plea in neglect case
- Thief swipes donation jars meant for girl fighting leukemia