Someone has stolen between $40,000 and $50,000 from a Shelby Township church’s safe.
Police said thieves broke through several doors to get into St. Therese of Lisieux Catholic Church on Schoenherr.
The robbery was discovered Monday morning by maintenance staff just after 6 a.m.
The church said it held six masses the day before on Easter Sunday and much of the stolen money is checks from parishioners.
The church doesn’t have an alarm system.
Clinton Township police are investigating a break-in and theft at St. Luke Lutheran Church on Nunneley Road.
Police are trying to figure out if the two are related.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Warren officer hit by driver fleeing traffic stop
- Warren police: Suspected cell phone thieves arrested
- Roseville man gunned down in his driveway
- Motorcyclist crashes in Clinton Twp. after fleeing police
- Expert helps teachers reach out to students with ADHD
- Person killed in Warren house fire
- Strangers help rescue kidnapped teen
- Fraser police: Woman charged with stabbing boyfriend