Missing Detroit girl's father pleads for her return

Published On: Dec 06 2011 01:17:19 PM EST
Updated On: Dec 06 2011 02:18:44 PM EST
DETROIT -

A Detroit man who told police his 2-year-old daughter was kidnapped during a carjacking last week says he believes she's alive and just wants her returned safely.

Dandre Lane said Tuesday he is focused solely on getting his daughter, Bianca Jones -- who he calls B.B. -- back safely and is unconcerned that police doubt his story.

WATCH: Bianca's dad talks to Local 4

He said he was carjacked on Friday in Detroit and that the thieves drove off with his daughter still strapped in her car seat. The car was later found but the girl is missing. Authorities recovered the car with an empty child seat.

Detroit Police Chief Ralph Godbee said investigators question the truthfulness of Lane's story.

The Oakland County Jail released Lane Monday.

On Tuesday, Lane's attorney responded to reports that his client had failed a lie detector test given by police. The attorney said Lane was dealing with difficult circumstances during that test and would voluntarily take another one under different circumstances in a different setting


Comments

The views expressed below are not those of Click On Detroit, WDIV, or its affiliated companies. By clicking on "Post," you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and your comment is in compliance with such terms. Readers, please help keep this discussion respectful and on topic by flagging comments that are offensive or inappropriate (hover over the commenter's name and you'll see the flag option appear on right side of that line). And remember, respect goes both ways: Tolerance of others' opinions is important in a free discourse. If you're easily offended by strong opinions, you might skip reading comments entirely.

blog comments powered by Disqus