A 53-year-old man and a dog were found dead in a Detroit home on Friday.
Police said they were called to the home in the 15200 block of Lappin Street just after 7 a.m. and found the victims.
Police said there were no visible signs of trauma to the man and a cause of death is pending an autopsy.
The dog was covered in a blanket on the porch.
Read more Local News headlines:
- 3rd person dies from crash on Woodward in Highland Park
- Detroit mayor presents $1B budget to City Council
- 2 arrested in connection with Detroit mother's carjacking
- 2 dead, 2 hurt in crash on Woodward in Highland Park
- Detroit mayor presents budget to City Council
- Missing 11-year-old Detroit girl has been found
- Suicidal man at GM plant taken to hospital, workers back in
- Police: Suicidal man with gun inside GM Powertrain plant
- Detroit police: 75-year-old dementia patient found safe