Man charged with murder in connection with wife's death
Updated On: Jan 14 2013 06:18:14 PM EST
A 44-year-old Pittsfield Township man has been charged with murder in connection with his wife’s death.
Jean Pierre Trias was arrested Friday when police found his 53-year-old wife, Katherine Porter, dead in their home on Hickory Pointe Boulevard.
He was arraigned Monday on an open murder charge and remains jailed.
Police said Porter suffered multiple stab wounds.
Neighbor Randy Patton said he saw Trias come out of the house when police took him into custody.
"I saw him in a cop car across the street in the back handcuffed. It looked like he was getting oxygen, like he had a medical issue," Patton said.
Trias had scratches on his face, but police would not say if that is how they found him.
Neighbor Mo Kasham said Trias and his wife, who moved into the home in 1999, did not cause any problems.
"Good neighbors, kept to themselves. No problems. Never had police there before," Kasham said.
Trias had served as coordinator of mathematics tutoring and testing at Eastern Michigan University. The school said that job ended two years ago. He was also a part time lecturer as recently as last month, but was not teaching this semester.
Anyone having information regarding this incident is asked to call the Pittsfield Police Department at 734-822-4911 or the confidential tip line at 734-822-4958.
Read more Local News headlines:
- 3 officers hurt during rescue in Ann Arbor
- Buckeyes hand Michigan 1st loss, win 53-56
- Ann Arbor man injured in Florida plane crash
- U of M student reports sexual assault on campus
- Husband arrested for wife's death in Pittsfield Twp.
- Washtenaw County K-9 deputy dies
- Families homeless, but uninjured after Ypsilanti Twp. fire
- 1 dead, 1 rescued after plunge into ice on Timber Lake