Intoxicated patient sets bed on fire at University of Michigan Hospital

Published On: Oct 21 2012 06:30:25 PM EDT
Updated On: Oct 21 2012 07:09:29 PM EDT
Uniersity of Michigan hospital
ANN ARBOR, Mich. -

An intoxicated patient and an imaginary cigarette resulted in two people suffering burns and minor damage to a University of Michigan Hospital bed.
 
   University public safety spokeswoman Diane Brown says the emergency room patient "was trying to light a non-existent cigarette."
 
   Brown says the man "thought he had one," but set the bedding on fire at the Ann Arbor facility.
 
   The patient was burned, as was a nurse who tried to put the fire out about 10:20 p.m. Saturday.
 
   Hospital staff extinguished the flames before firefighters arrived. The fire was contained to the bed. No evacuations were necessary.

Comments

The views expressed below are not those of Click On Detroit, WDIV, or its affiliated companies. By clicking on "Post," you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and your comment is in compliance with such terms. Readers, please help keep this discussion respectful and on topic by flagging comments that are offensive or inappropriate (hover over the commenter's name and you'll see the flag option appear on right side of that line). And remember, respect goes both ways: Tolerance of others' opinions is important in a free discourse. If you're easily offended by strong opinions, you might skip reading comments entirely.

blog comments powered by Disqus