Inkster mother hurt trying to put out candle fire

Published On: Feb 22 2013 06:46:18 AM EST
Updated On: Feb 22 2013 05:56:04 PM EST

INKSTER, Mich. -

A mother in Inkster suffered burns Friday morning when she tried to put out a fire in her home.

Police said the mother told them a candle fell over in a bedroom and onto a mattress at about 5 a.m. inside her home, which is near Rosewood and Harrison streets.

Watch: Family wonders where firefighters were as house burned

She tried to stop the fire but ended up burning her hand and some of her hair.

She was able to get out with her children but their home was a complete loss.

'We tried to put it out the best we could," said Chyanne Tackett, who was also inside the home. "But everything was gone."

The Red Cross showed up to help the family.

Read more Local News headlines:

Comments

The views expressed below are not those of Click On Detroit, WDIV, or its affiliated companies. By clicking on "Post," you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and your comment is in compliance with such terms. Readers, please help keep this discussion respectful and on topic by flagging comments that are offensive or inappropriate (hover over the commenter's name and you'll see the flag option appear on right side of that line). And remember, respect goes both ways: Tolerance of others' opinions is important in a free discourse. If you're easily offended by strong opinions, you might skip reading comments entirely.

blog comments powered by Disqus