Detroit Police catch robbers during home break in
Updated On: Feb 24 2013 05:09:59 PM EST
Police arrested a 19-year-old and a 17-year-old after they were caught breaking into a Detroit home.
The break in happened Sunday morning on Wisconsin Street.
The 80-year-old homeowner Johnnie Clyde-Colbert was at church when the men used a brick to break out the front window of her home.
Neighbors saw the men and called police, who arrived and caught the robbers as they fled the home.
Nothing was stolen, but the inside of the house was trashed, the window broken and the alarm system was ripped off the wall.
"Well I need to get out of here, that's what I need to do," said Colbert when asked about the declining state of the neighborhood.
Family and friends jumped in to help repair Colbert's window. Her son said he wants his mother to move South to be with family.
More headlines from Wayne County:
- Highland Park man charged in 2009 Albion killings
- Everyday Hero: Chuck Jackson, Making A Difference
- Inkster mother hurt trying to put out candle fire
- Medical Center offers to train Detroit firefighters on CPR
- Detroit named most miserable U.S. city by Forbes
- Murder charge issued in Detroit crash that killed girlMurder charge issued in Detroit crash that killed girl
- 2 found guilty of Wayne State football player's murder