Detroit Police Turning Guns Into Cash
Updated On: Aug 30 2011 09:20:39 AM EDT
The Detroit Police Department is offering cash for guns during a buy back event Tuesday at Second Ebenezer Church.
The following rules apply:
- Turn in unloaded weapons.
- This will be on a first come, first serve basis.
- No questions will be asked.
- Non-operational weapon (Pay up to -$25).
- Operational weapon - ($50).
- Two or more operational weapons - ($100).
- Cash will be distributed to citizens at the church upon turn-in of weapons.
- Assault weapons ($100 - maximum $200).
- Long guns ($25).
The event runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the church, which is located at 14601 Dequindre.
Citizens will also have the opportunity to listen and participate in a "Live-broadcast" by Pulitzer Prize-winner Angelo Henderson, radio host of "Your Voice" on WCHB-1200AM from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Members of the Detroit Police Department's Commercial Auto Theft will offer free vehicle etching. To receive this free service, the owner must have the proper vehicle documentation(s), e.g. vehicle registration, title and/or certificate of insurance.
The event is also put together by Continental Management.
For additional information, please call the DPD?s Police Community Services at 313-596-2520.
Copyright 2003 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.