Chefs organize benefit for family of slain W. Bloomfield officer
Metro Detroit restaurants are joining forces Wednesday for a fundraiser benefiting the family of fallen West Bloomfield Police Officer Patrick O'Rourke.
Officer O'Rourke was shot and killed on September 9th, 2012 while responding to a call at a West Bloomfield home. O'Rourke, 39, was the first officer killed on duty in the history of the West Bloomfield Police Department.
Tables For 4 is inviting the public to dine out for lunch or dinner at participating restaurants that will donate 25-percent of their day's proceeds to the O'Rourke family.
Participating restaurants include:
- Bacco Ristorante, 29410 Northwestern Highway, Southfield (248) 356-6600
- Joe Vicari's Andiamo Italian Steakhouse, 6676 Telegraph Rd., Bloomfield Twp. (248) 865-9300
- Detroit Prime, 32769 Northwestern Highway, Farmington Hills (248) 737-9600
- Assaggi Bistro, 330 W. Nine Mile, Ferndale (248) 584-3499
- The Hill, 123 Kercheval Ave., Grosse Pointe Farms (313) 886-8101
- Morels, 32729 Northwestern Highway, Farmington Hills (248) 254-3840
- Dino's Restaurant-Lounge-Catering, 22740 Woodward Ave., Ferndale (248) 591-3466
- Le Chef Bistro, 32621 Northwestern Highway, Farmington Hills (248) 932-1300
- Beans & Cornbread, 29508 Northwestern Highway, Southfield (248) 208-1680
For more information about the restaurant fundraiser or to join the effort, go to http://www.mattprenticeculinaryexperience.com.
Donations can be made to the Officer O'Rourke Family Trust at any Bank of America branch or online at http://www.westbloomfieldhero.com.