58-year-old man from Flint killed in accident that shut down US-23
Updated On: Mar 11 2013 10:11:33 PM EDT
The southbound lanes of US-23 are closed in Washtenaw County following a fatal crash involving a semi truck and a car Monday.
The highway was closed between 6 Mile and North Territorial roads around 1 p.m.
Police say a 58-year-old man from Flint was killed in the accident.
The Washtenaw County Sheriff's Department said the man was driving a 2010 PT Cruiser in the left lane next to a semi truck with a dual trailer hauling scrap metal.
The semi truck blew a tire and the driver lost control of the rig. He swerved into the left lane and struck the car.
Police say during the accident the rear trailer of the semi turned over and fell on top of the PT Cruiser, killing the man inside.
Police continue to investigate and US-23 remains closed until the scene is clear.
The name of the deceased driver has not been released
- Kilpatrick found guilty: what's next
- Kilpatrick, Ferguson found guilty on several counts
- Great promise ends in federal prison
- Canton school cancelled after threatening note found
- Report: School safety routinely ignored in Michigan
- AAA Mich.: Gas prices fall 12 cents statewide
- Hit-run driver who killed 10-year-old identified