23 Mile Road near North Avenue is set to undergo a major makeover.
On Jan. 21 construction crews will begin replacing a two-lane bridge over the Clinton River.
On Feb. 4 the Macomb County Department of Roads will close 23 Mile Road, just west of North Avenue. The closure will last more than 6 months.
The road department's official detour will redirect eastbound vehicles south on Card Road to 21 Mile Road, east to North Avenue and then north back to 23 Mile Road.Most of the costs of the bridge replacement will come from a local bridge fund administered by the state of Michigan.
The fund will pay for 95 percent of the construction costs. The Macomb County Department of Roads absorbs the remaining 5 percent.