As a heatwave bakes the Midwest, find out which states have warmed the most since 1970, according to the average temperature change per decade as measured by the environmental group Climate Central.
20. Colorado -- 0.483 degree temperature change per decade
19. Delaware -- 0.494 degree change
18. Pennsylvania -- 0.498 degree change
17. Maryland -- 0.508 degree change
16. Rhode Island -- 0.520 degree change
15. New York -- 0.538 degree change
14. New Hampshire -- 0.553 degree change
13. Wyoming -- 0.554 degree change
12. Connecticut -- 0.556 degree change
11. New Jersey -- 0.560 degree change
10. Massachusetts -- 0.568 degree change
9. Texas -- 0.575 degree change
8. Maine -- 0.587 degree change
7. Utah -- 0.588 degree change
6. New Mexico -- 0.603 degree change
5. Vermont -- 0.607 degree change
4. Wisconsin -- 0.616 degree change
3. Minnesota -- 0.620 degree change
2. Michigan -- 0.622 degree change
1. Arizona -- 0.639 degree change
Check out Climate Central's entire Heat Is On report here.
The views expressed below are not those of Click On Detroit, WDIV, or its affiliated companies. By clicking on "Post," you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and your comment is in compliance with such terms. Readers, please help keep this discussion respectful and on topic by flagging comments that are offensive or inappropriate (hover over the commenter's name and you'll see the flag option appear on right side of that line). And remember, respect goes both ways: Tolerance of others' opinions is important in a free discourse. If you're easily offended by strong opinions, you might skip reading comments entirely.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.