1 of 3 men held in Hamtramck kidnapping case released
Updated On: Mar 07 2012 08:04:26 PM EST
One of the three men who were taken into custody in connection with the kidnapping of two Hamtramck has been released and says he wants his name cleared.
Andre Todd-Douglas turned himself in a day after 21-year-old Ashley Conaway and 18-year-old Abreeya Brown went missing.
The two were taken Feb. 28 at gunpoint after a shootout between Brown’s father and the kidnappers from a home in the 22000 block of Andrus Street.
In a phone conversation with Local 4, Todd-Douglas said he passed a polygraph test last week and has known the other two men being held since they were kids.
The other two men in custody are Brandon Cain and Christopher Lee.
Cain was charged last week with two counts of assault with intent to murder and other charges for allegedly shooting at Conaway and Brown on Feb. 8.
That shooting was allegedly over Conaway breaking up with Cain.
Police confirm that Conaway and Brown both went to police earlier this month accusing Cain of shooting at Conaway as she tried to get away from him, a bullet grazing her head.
Lee is being held on other warrants while the investigation into the kidnapping continues.
Search crews continue to scour Eliza Howell park on Detroit’s west side.
The car used in the kidnapping was found torched last week in Detroit. Sources say a shovel was found with it, leading investigators to think the women’s bodies could have been buried in or near the park. Cadaver dogs were also brought in.
Family members say they’ve raised more than $30,000 in reward money to solve this case.