22nd annual Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure hits Detroit on Saturday
Updated On: May 18 2013 03:20:47 AM EDT
Tune in at 6 a.m. for a special edition of Local 4 News Morning live from the event.
The Komen Detroit Race helps low-income, uninsured and under-served women and men in Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties access lifesaving breast cancer screenings and treatment services.
7 a.m.: Street closures begin; on-site registration starts; all booths open
8 a.m.: Opening Ceremony honoring survivors and the memory of lost loved ones
9 a.m.: 5K Run, followed by 5K Walk and 1-Mile Walk
10:30 – 11:30 a.m.: Closing Ceremony with runner and team awards
What You’ll See:
- Children’s Activities Area
- 10,000 pink ribbons and WSU ArtsCorps Detroit figures
- 22 bands/entertainment groups
- Pink carpet-runway for Survivors
- Warriors in Pink Drummers, powered by Ford
- Ford Warriors in Pink interactive trailer
- Memorial Site – ArtsCorps Detroit communal art
- Survivor Café and Survivor Trolley
- Numerous sponsor giveaways
- Shop for the Cure®
- Warriors in Pink apparel
- New Balance Lace up for the Cure® gear
- Opening Ceremony hosted by Lila Lazarus
- Closing Ceremony with runner and team awards
Can't make the big event? Donate online here.