Meijer Healthy Living: Citrus salmon with Asian chopped salad
Updated On: Jul 13 2014 09:11:04 AM EDT
This delicious summer-inspired recipe is perfect for the grill and is loaded with fresh flavors and nutrition!
Fish and seafood are great alternatives to the same old burgers and hot dogs. The super simple salmon recipe is delicious, and looks impressive, served on top of fresh Asian Chopped salad.
1/3 cup Meijer reduced sodium soy sauce
3 tbsp. Meijer Olive or Canola Oil
1 Tbsp. fresh minced ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. McCormick red pepper flakes
1/4 cup Meijer orange juice
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 cup green onion, diced
1 1/4 to 1 1/2 lbs. Salmon
1 bag Taylor Farms Asian Chopped Salad Mix
1. Mix soy sauce, oil, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, orange juice, brown sugar, and green onion. Reserve 1/4 cup marinade for basting—set aside. Add remaining marinade to a shallow pan.
2. Rinse salmon fillet and add to pan with marinade – turn to coat and marinate 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Coat grill grates with non-stick cooking spray. Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat.
4. Remove Salmon from marinade and place on grill (skin side down). Discard marinade. Grill until fish is no longer translucent and flakes easily with a fork (about 10-12 minutes). Basting with ¼ cup reserved marinade halfway through cooking.
5. Mix Asian Chopped salad as directed on package. Divide evenly onto four plates.
6. Serve salmon on top of Asian salad. Garnish with additional diced green onion, if desired.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories 355, Fat 22g, Cholesterol 71mg, Sodium 468mg, Carbohydrate 11g, Fiber 2g, Protein 27g
Serving suggestion: Enjoy with chilled fresh Watermelon wedges