U.S. News & World Report ranks which colleges and universities will get you the best bang for your buck with its 2014 Best Value Schools list. Here are the Top 20 among national universities:
20. Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore)
19. Emory University (Atlanta)
18. Texas A&M University (College Station, Texas)
17. University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
16. University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia)
15. Brown University (Providence, R.I.)
14. Rice University (Houston)
13. University of Chicago
12. Duke University (Durham, N.C.)
11. Vanderbilt University (Nashville, Tenn.)
10. Brigham Young University (Provo, Utah)
9. Cornell University (Ithaca, N.Y.)
8. Dartmouth College (Hanover, N.H.)
7. California Institute of Technology (Pasadena, Calif.)
6. Columbia University (New York)
5. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Cambridge, Mass.)
4. Stanford University (Stanford, Calif.)
3. Princeton University (Princeton, N.J.)
2. Yale University (New Haven, Conn.)
1. Harvard University (Cambridge, Mass.)
Click here to read more about U.S. News & World Report's 2014 Best Value Schools list.
The views expressed below are not those of Click On Detroit, WDIV, or its affiliated companies. By clicking on "Post," you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and your comment is in compliance with such terms. Readers, please help keep this discussion respectful and on topic by flagging comments that are offensive or inappropriate (hover over the commenter's name and you'll see the flag option appear on right side of that line). And remember, respect goes both ways: Tolerance of others' opinions is important in a free discourse. If you're easily offended by strong opinions, you might skip reading comments entirely.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.