The Highway Loss Data Institute recently ranked the top 10 most stolen vehicles. At No. 10 is the fast and powerful Chrysler 300 with a HEMI engine.
9. GMC Yukon -- The luxurious Yukon is a big score for thieves. They're often packed with pawn-happy goods and high-quality audio systems.
3. Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 -- This premium sport-utility vehicle is packed with features that thieves love to pawn.
5. Ford F-350 Crew Cab -- The big truck is another favorite of thieves, who appreciate the tools and other goods to sell for money.
No. 6: Chrysler 300. The new luxury model from Chrysler appears twice on the list. Thieves love the pricey gadgets that it holds.
4. GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab -- This work truck is often packed with tools and other work fare that are easy to sell.
5. Ford F-350 Crew Cab with 4-wheel drive -- This big work truck is a veritable goodie bag for thieves stealing power tools.
2. Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab -- Pickups are a favorite among thieves since they're typically packed with other goodies to pawn.
1. Ford F-250 Crew Cab -- Another work truck took the top spot for the first time this year. Its big engine and lots of storage for goodies makes it a prime target.
6. Cadillac Escalade -- Some experts attribute its drop from the top spot to lower sales in recent years and General Motors' focus on new anti-theft technology.
The views expressed below are not those of Click On Detroit, WDIV, or its affiliated companies. By clicking on "Post," you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and your comment is in compliance with such terms. Readers, please help keep this discussion respectful and on topic by flagging comments that are offensive or inappropriate (hover over the commenter's name and you'll see the flag option appear on right side of that line). And remember, respect goes both ways: Tolerance of others' opinions is important in a free discourse. If you're easily offended by strong opinions, you might skip reading comments entirely.