How to help victims of Jason Manor apartment building fire in Detroit

Published On: Mar 06 2014 10:03:49 AM EST

There are a number of ways you can help the families who lost their homes in a massive fire at an apartment building in Detroit.

St Vincent de Paul has set up a FIRE FUND to help cover costs as they help victims with permanent housing, furniture, household goods, clothing, food and long term care.

People can donate to the St. Vincent de Paul Fire Fund

Checks can also be mailed to:

St Vincent de Paul Fire Fund

3000 Gratiot

Detroit, MI 48207

877 ST VINCE (788-4623)

Donations of furniture or household goods can be dropped off at any St. Vincent de Paul Thrift stores throughout Southeast Michigan or call 877 ST Vince (788-4623) for a pick-up.

A complete store directory is at


There is a benefit account set up at Fifth Third Bank, account number 7915441716 for any monetary donations.

Donations can also be made to the non-profit Redford Brightmoor Initiative.

Checks can be sent to:

10000 Beech Daly Road, Redford, MI, 48239.

Make sure you write a note designating them to the Jason Street apartments fund.

Drop off locations for clothing:

Outer Drive United Methodist Church

313 937-3170

12065 West Outer Drive, Detroit, 48223

Time out Sports Bar and Grill

313 653-4517

16801 Plymouth Road, Detroit, 48227


The views expressed below are not those of Click On Detroit, WDIV, or its affiliated companies. By clicking on "Post," you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and your comment is in compliance with such terms. Readers, please help keep this discussion respectful and on topic by flagging comments that are offensive or inappropriate (hover over the commenter's name and you'll see the flag option appear on right side of that line). And remember, respect goes both ways: Tolerance of others' opinions is important in a free discourse. If you're easily offended by strong opinions, you might skip reading comments entirely.

blog comments powered by Disqus