An eagerly anticipated collection is coming to the DIA.
The collection of exquisite objects from "The House of Faberge" will open to the public Sunday, October 13th.
The exhibit will including six of the renowned Easter eggs given to Russian Tsars.
Gustav Faberge opened his "House of Faberge" in 1842, and before long his work was the rage of Moscow.
His son, Karl, later took over the family business.
Beginning with a commission from Tsar Alexander III, Faberge' began to create the now-famous Easter eggs, complete with surprises hidden inside ranging from diamond necklaces to miniaturized reproductions of Russian monuments.
Of the fifty imperial eggs made for the Russian Tsars and their families,only forty-two have survived.
Six of the 42 are at the DIA.
At the height of its success, Faberge employed 1,500 craftsmen, and sold more than $175 million of goods every year.
Gustav Faberge’s last name wasn't always "Faberge".
He added an accent to the final "e" in his name when he first opened his business to try and be more appealing to the French-speaking Russian aristocracy.
The DIA exhibit opens to the public Sunday and, based upon advance ticket sales, the event is sure to be eggtraordinary.