Phoenix Marketing International ranks the states with the most millionaires per capita based off data from the Federal Reserve, Census Bureau and polling firm Nielson Co.
20. Wyoming (5.2 percent of households hold more than $1 million in assets)
19. Pennsylvania (5.24 percent)
18. Vermont (5.26 percent)
17. Rhode Island (5.53 percent)
15. (tie) Colorado (5.54 percent)
15. (tie) Illinois (5.54 percent)
14. Minnesota (5.56 percent)
13. Washington (5.74 percent)
12. New York (5.79 percent)
11. California (6.04 percent)
10. District of Columbia (6.1 percent)
9. Delaware (6.2 percent)
8. New Hampshire (6.48 percent)
7. Virginia (6.64 percent)
6. Massachusetts (6.73 percent)
5. Alaska (6.75 percent)
4. Hawaii (7.18 percent)
3. Connecticut (7.32 percent)
2. New Jersey (7.49 percent)
1. Maryland (7.7 percent)
The views expressed below are not those of Click On Detroit, WDIV, or its affiliated companies. By clicking on "Post," you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and your comment is in compliance with such terms. Readers, please help keep this discussion respectful and on topic by flagging comments that are offensive or inappropriate (hover over the commenter's name and you'll see the flag option appear on right side of that line). And remember, respect goes both ways: Tolerance of others' opinions is important in a free discourse. If you're easily offended by strong opinions, you might skip reading comments entirely.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.