Chevy introduced their all-new 2015 Tahoe and Suburban on Tuesday. The new Suburban represents the 80th anniversary and 12th generation of the original SUV.
"There are several new features and enhancements at the core of the all-new 2015 Suburban and Tahoe that will extend the legacy Chevrolet has built as the segment leader," said Tim Mahoney, Chevrolet global chief marketing officer. "Customers will experience greater refinement, efficiency and safety with the same capability that has made Chevrolet the go-to brand for full-size SUVs."
The new models of the duo will deliver improved aerodynamics which will contribute to a quieter ride.
While preserving overall performance and capability, Chevrolet was able to provide a more efficient EcoTec3 powertrain coupled with improved aerodynamics to offer greater estimated highway fuel economy.
The duo will include new technologies, including radar, that contribute to 360 degrees of crash avoidance and occupant protection.
All standard models will include forward collision alert, front park assist, lane departure warning, land change assist, rear cross traffic alert and adaptive cruise control.
Additionally, Chevrolet's Safety Alert Seat, which offers directional vibrations to alert drivers about potential crash threats, will be available.
Both vehicles also offer the segment's only front-seat center air bag, which is engineered to provide additional protection in far-side impact crashes so that the occupant on the non-struck side of the vehicle will be protected.
Theft of the vehicle has been made more difficult by creating greater security features including available window break-in or glass-break, vertical-movement and interior movement sensors. Some of the features will shut down key control systems to make it almost impossible to start or move them.
New functionality and technology features found on both vehicles include:
- Fold-flat second- and third-row seats that enhance cargo convenience, including an available power-folding feature.
- Approximately two inches greater legroom for second-row passengers, along with easier entry/exit.
- Available eight-inch color touch screen radio with next-generation MyLink connectivity.
- Up to six USB ports and six power outlets – including a 110-volt three-prong outlet – to support electronic devices of all kinds (up to 12 charging locations).
- Available rear-seat entertainment system with dual screens (Suburban only) and Blu-ray DVD player.
- Conversation mirror in the overhead console that provides a panoramic view of the rear seats.
- Keyless entry and push-button start.
"The designs of the all-new Tahoe and Suburban reflect their greater functionality, technology and refinement, forging a new presence for Chevrolet SUVs that's conveyed with unmistakable brand heritage," said Ken Parkinson, executive director of design.
The exterior design of the new Tahoe and Suburban models are more refined and precisely sculpted with new inlaid doors that fit into the body side openings instead of over the top of the body, significantly improving the quietness of the ride.
The all-new Tahoe will offer today’s customers the capability of a truck and the amenities of a luxury vehicle.
The driving experience of the new SUVs is further enhanced with:
- A stronger frame and a wider rear track that contributes to a more planted stance.
- LTZ models include third-generation magnetic ride control, a real-time damping system that delivers more precise body motion control by "reading" the road every millisecond and changing damping in just five milliseconds.
- Eighteen-inch standard wheels that are a half-inch wider, reducing tire flex for improved cornering performance. Twenty- and 22-inch wheels are available.
- New, electric variable-assist power steering system enhances fuel economy and tailors steering assist to vehicle speed.
- New four-wheel-disc brake system with Duralife brake rotors that offer up to double the service life, along with brake pedal revisions that improve pedal feel for stronger-feeling, more-confident braking performance.