Find tax help from the IRS

Published On: Feb 04 2013 03:43:18 PM EST

You may be able to score from free tax help as the deadline looms.

Qualified taxpayers can get returns done at no cost. People who make $51,000 or less usually can get help from the Internal Revenue Service's Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program.

Those who are 60 or older can get it from the Tax Counseling for the Elderly Program.

Log onto and search for "VITA" for more information.


The views expressed below are not those of Click On Detroit, WDIV, or its affiliated companies. By clicking on "Post," you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and your comment is in compliance with such terms. Readers, please help keep this discussion respectful and on topic by flagging comments that are offensive or inappropriate (hover over the commenter's name and you'll see the flag option appear on right side of that line). And remember, respect goes both ways: Tolerance of others' opinions is important in a free discourse. If you're easily offended by strong opinions, you might skip reading comments entirely.

blog comments powered by Disqus